As disasters continue to affect Iowans, the IDHRC is looking for an Executive Director to lead programs, provide sustainability, and advance the strategic vision of the organization.
- Provide leadership in developing organizational, program, and financial plans with the Board of Directors and implement plans and policies.
- Fiscally responsible for managing the IDHRC’s resources within budget and grant guidelines ensuring compliance and accurate reporting.
- Develop annual budget, plan and implement fundraising activities to ensure fiscal sustainability of organization.
- Execute disaster response protocols when activated by the board or designee.
- Cultivate and maintain relationships across non-profit, private and public sectors.
- Increase visibility and enhance IDHRC’s image and reputation through active involvement in emergency management meetings, activities and exercises.
- Lead IDHRC in a collaborative and cooperative manner that supports and advances the organization’s mission.
- Display a high level of initiative, effort, attention to detail and commitment to the goals of the organization.
- Demonstrate independent, efficient project management capabilities, with the ability to manage multiple and evolving priorities.
- Develop and implement effective communication strategies to ensure Board, members, partners and other stakeholders remain informed and engaged.
- Maintain professional competence, knowledge & skills necessary to effectively perform duties of position; seek out professional development & training.
- Knowledge & experience with effective fundraising & grant writing.
- Ability to work collaboratively & build trust across sectors & diverse groups of people.
- Self-directed and mission driven, with a commitment to growing the success of IDHRC.
- Three to five years senior non-profit management experience.
- Three years of experience in disaster preparedness, response or recovery coordination.
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field a plus; relevant experience may be considered.
- Ability to respond to work needs outside of normal business hours during disasters.
Remote Position: Must reside in Iowa, with ability to travel within state
*Residence within 1 hour radius of Des Moines, IA preferred
Salary: $72,800 to $80,000/year DOE
TO APPLY: Email cover letter & resume to [email protected]
Position open until filled. Successful candidates must pass pre-employment drug/criminal screening. EOE.