A Multi-Agency Resource Center is a one-stop shop assistance center for disaster survivor information and service delivery. Standing up a MARC is an efficient way to deliver services to individuals and families affected by a disaster by bringing together multiple service providers in a single location and providing on-site assistance. When the MARC closes, unfinished casework is often transitioned to a Long-Term Recovery Committee (LTRC).
· Community-centric and reflective of the conditions of the disaster event.
· Expedite individual, family and community recovery.
· Provide efficient, effective assistance to disaster survivors while maintaining the disaster survivors’ confidentiality and dignity.
· Minimize time and travel distance for those affected by the disaster.
· Facilitate the transition to long term recovery.
The types of assistance and services provided at a MARC are determined by participating agencies according to the community’s needs and available resources. These commonly include:
· Assistance locating temporary housing
· Information about the casework process, how to obtain assistance and referrals to other off-site services as available.
· Health and mental health services
· Distribution of bulk supplies
· A location that serves as a meeting place for families, friends and community members
Other common disaster survivor needs addressed in the MARC may include:
· Advocacy · Documentation replacement · Household goods · Clothing · Employment · Mold remediation · Debris removal · Food /nutrition · Repair and rebuild · Transportation · Emotional / spiritual care
Who’s at the MARC?
Lead Agency: The lead agency convenes the MARC, coordinates overall planning and operations and ensures necessary MARC functions and tasks are fulfilled.
Partner Agencies: Governmental, nongovernmental and private organizations, agencies or groups that have resources or services available and applicable to the disaster impacted individuals/communities.
If you are interested in forming a MARC in your area, please fill out this form.