Habitat for Humanity’s Response to the 2020 Derecho
When the derecho hit multiple counties throughout Iowa last August, Habitat for Humanity of Iowa immediately went to work. Below are a few statistics concerning their response and recovery over the past year:
ADRT Derecho event in Cedar Rapids.
- September 2020 – October 2020
- 45 day deployment in Cedar Rapids.
- 60 work orders complete
- 4953 cubic yards of debris cleared
- 367 Hazard Trees Removed
- 162 wellness/safety checks
- Linn, Benton, Marshall, Cedar Counties
Habitat Iowa Mobile Response Team outside of official deployment
- August 2020 – Jan 2021
- 46 homes debris removal
- 3 counties (Linn, Tama, Marshall)
The Habitat Iowa Mobile Response Team is currently serving in Cedar Rapids to do long term recovery on homes through Cedar Valley Habitat for Humanity.